Makhadi Halwa is an authentic sweet which basically originated from the Sub-continent and then it was also known in eastern India. It is one of the purest forms of sweets with its unique and traditional taste. The taste of the special Makhadi Halwa is blissful and the people of Pakistan are cherished around the country. You can also make it fresh at your home and enjoy it with family, friends, relatives, and guests over a cup of tea. It is so soft that it just melts in your mouth in a few seconds.
The Makhadi Halwa recipe has pure and standard ingredients in a certain amount with the additional richness of milk and khoya which make it one of a kind. Pakistani cooking sites have also provided the Makhadi halwa recipe in Urdu. You can give it to your kids if they do not like drinking milk and it will provide them energy and nutrients. You can be wild in the variety of variations and you will definitely love the heavenly dessert and enjoy it. Moreover, if you want to send it as a gift to your friends and relatives you can place an online order at Pakistani Soghat and call +92 333-6362124 or have it delivered to your own doorstep in a day or two.
Makhadi Halwa Complete RecipeCourse: DessertCuisine: PakistaniDifficulty: Medium
You need to try the delicious Makhadi Halwa at home. Although it will take some time to prepare you will enjoy the final product. The Makhadi Halwa recipe is provided so you can easily make it fresh at your home.
Milk (3 cups)
Semolina (1 ½ cups)
Sugar (1 ½ cups)
Khoya (according to taste)
Pure desi ghee (1 cup)
Water (1 cup)
Lightly beaten eggs (2)
Green cardamom powder (1 tsp.)
Crushed almonds and pistachio (4 to 6 tbsp.)
- Prepare Semolina and Milk Mixture
- Mix semolina and milk together. Set this mixture aside for a while.
- Fry Semolina, Milk, and Ghee
- In a non-stick pan, add the semolina, milk, and ghee. Fry them on low heat. Cook these ingredients until the semolina changes to a light brown color. This should take approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dissolve Sugar and Ghee
- In a separate pan, combine sugar, water, and ghee. Mix them thoroughly until there are no more granules of sugar crystals. When the sugar has completely melted in the ghee, add the semolina and milk mixture.
- Add Eggs and Khoya
- Then, add the eggs. Mix everything well and remove it from the heat. The mixture will be thick. Now, add the khoya. Also, add about half of the quantity of nuts into the mixture and mix them well to ensure even distribution.
- Garnish and Set
- Dish out the halwa onto a flat tray. Add the remaining nuts on top as garnish.
- Serve and Enjoy
- You can serve it warm or cool, depending on your preference. Cut it into square or diamond shapes and serve it to your family and guests.
- Final Enjoyment
- Enjoy the delicious Makhadi Halwa, freshly made at home!